Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jumping in . . .

We've finally had official confirmation from an Occupation Therapist that JoNo has Sensory Processing Disorder. So we're starting this blog to share our journey, just as much for our own benefit as for yours. What I know to be true is that marking where you've been gives you joy in reliving the good times and strength and courage through the hard times -- it's biblical and it works. Some of the things that have helped me lately are reading some of earlier journal entries and blogs about mothering, and as these new challenges change the face of my mothering experience, I want to record these steps as well.

For now, I'm trying to remain fairly anonymous, so that I feel free to share whatever is really on my heart, no matter how crazy or strange it might seem to others. And I'm still wrestling with being "labeled" so staying anonymous will help with that. Perhaps as I work through some of these issues, I'll feel comfortable revealing more about us, maybe not. I realize that posting my thoughts publicly like this makes me vulnerable to feedback I might not like, and I'm hoping I can trust those who care enough to read to make comments/questions/suggestions in a spirit of care and concern alone. I'd love to hear your thoughts and questions, and I hope you'll respect my family and our humanity as we'll respect yours.

Welcome to this journey of ours -- we're glad you're along for the ride!

No comments: